From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing improvement

Im trying to print an image(JPEG) from a given Path by the user, I want to generate an output log file that contains (Start of printing job,size of print data ,error's if any and print time,..) Which function can do that?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,408 Views)

You can use Windows API function to control 'print function' and write small code to log all details.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/4935

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,406 Views)

Is ther any Tutorial about how to Use or editing in this Program?
thanks for your help 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,364 Views)

Are you asking about LabVIEW I'd recommend looking at the manuals if you are new to LabVIEW programming. 

http://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/labviewbasics/

Kyle Hartley
Senior Embedded Software Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,339 Views)

I'm asking about the same Topic(printing improvement),I don't know how to use the windows API Function.

I have attached My code(get a specific picture from the user and it print it with the default printer with recording Estimated print time ,ink thickness and if there is any error a led should light up).

I have some problems,
first,when I try to do "a paper jam or no paper" in the Printer tray the Led should light up,but it don't

also the second prompt that come up i want it to wait for the printer to print first job then it pop up("Insert The paper Manually in the printer tray If you wish to continue")
another Is there a way Labview can open another program within my code (like opening a program called "IrfanView" to view & edit the picture)

Last, I want to record every single step at a report like if there is an error with a paper jam,size of print data..etc. And save it like a log file, I should do it manually like you can see it at the code or there is a better way?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,319 Views)

Sorry,but no one can help me with this? Smiley Surprised

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,286 Views)