LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing from OSX

Is there a way to print the FP of a vi programmatically in Macintosh OSX?

I also want to capture a simplified image of a graph to an eps file, which seems not to be available on the Mac.

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,736 Views)

David,

One way I have used is to use an Invoke Node to call method FP.Get Image. The convert the image to a picture and display it on a picture control indicator in a subVI which is set to print on completion.  This will print on the default printer set up on the Mac.  Adjust the size of the picture control on the subVI to match the image size to avoid loss of image or excess white space.

If you only want the image of the graph, use a reference to the graph and the method is Get Image.

You need to set up the Print Options in VI Properties for the subVI to specify what information you want printed. For example you probably do not want the VI name or path.

I cannot help with the eps file. I have not used those for many years.

I saved these VIs to an earlier version but did not test them in those versions. The latest version runs on Yosemite.

Lynn

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,718 Views)

Many thanks, Lynn. This will work nicely.

David

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,707 Views)

I did a quick online search and found references to a command line utility called "convert" which can change .png or .jpg files to .eps.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,698 Views)

Setting the Print on Execution preference, or using the Print selection in an invoke node both work. But is there a way to change the orientation of the printout that results (Landscape or Portrait)?

For eps, you can use the Export Image selection in an invoke node. It works on the Mac as well as Windows.

David

Edit: A little searching answers this: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/7F51EFDFE925A73586256DB700594B10

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,632 Views)