LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print XY Graph with 600000 data without taking Snapshot of graph

Hi 

I want to print a XY Graph with more than 600000 data with word format but the graph shouldn't be the snapshot can any body suggest please 

🙂 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,991 Views)

A couple points:

First, just because the data you send to a graph has 600,000 datapoints in it, that doesn't mean that you will see 600,000 values in your graph. Unless you are using a monitor the size of a house, the graph won't have nearly enough resolution to show all the data. The data will get decimated down to the resolution that is available on the graph. If you don't do it, the graph will.

Second, what do you mean that it shouldn't be a "snapshot"?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,977 Views)

I am assuming you already have the graph.  Decimating an XY graph for display can be tricky, so, even though you should do it, the method will get in the way of answering your actual question.  If you want the output in Word format (a graph inside a Word document), you can go one of three routes:

1. Use the report generation toolkit to create a Word document with your graph
  2. Use the ActiveX interface to write the graph to a Word document.  You will need to know how to interface with Word using ActiveX (I have never done this).
  3. Use the VI server method (invoke node) Export Image to write the image of the graph to an EMF file, then import that into your Word document.  Note that you can directly export data to Excel using methods on the XY graph, but not to Word.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,969 Views)