LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Front Panel to PDf file error REVISITED

"Previous subject matter dealt with Acrobat Distiller for writing PDF files I am seeking a better solution. 

I have used successfully, in other programs, pdfFactory but I get the following error message when using it with Labview 7.

"Labview:Print driver error.
Unable to print.  Make sure you have installed and selected a default printer."

pdfFactory is selected as the default printer.  I have also selected the LaserJet as default then selected pdfFactory for a specific file write but the same message is written to the screen.

This is a nice and easy way to write to a pdf format if it can be made to work.  Acrobat Writer and/or Distiller is not only more expensive it is also more cumbersome to use and apparen
tly has to be accessed through the Report Functions.

Has anybody already solved this problem on the XP operating system?

RL"
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,970 Views)
On first glance, this looks like it is only a problem when you use postscript printing mode (in LabVIEW via tools->options) or when checking the print to file checkbox in the print dialog. Are you doing these things? Can you avoid them?

If seems to work ok when I am setup to standard or bitmap printing and do not have the checkbox selected.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,968 Views)
I tried using the Print Panel method and I see the errors that you describe....

I did get it to work however by setting up the preferences as shown in the enclosed bitmap
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,968 Views)
Thank you, this pointed me in the right direction of the Labview-Options-Printing. The problem was Postcript printing. When I chose the Standard Printing instead of Postcript Printing there was no error. BUT all is still not correct. The backgrounds,Checkboxes, and the Tabs have their respective colours but the plot traces and "STOP" text are black only.

RL
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,968 Views)
The semi colour PDF was resolved by selecting the Tools-Option-Printing-Color/Grayscale printing.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,968 Views)
Sir ;
I am working on a project with labview. I made the program on labview 6.1 and i want now to execute it on labview 7.1
the problem is that i am using a gpib communication protocol, the communication is running with the old version of labview
but with the new verion ( 7.1)  there is a problem with one instrument witch is a voltmeter keithely 181.
it doesent want to run properly.
i heve to mention too that i am using a machine with too gpib card abord and with windows XP professionel
So please i need help to understand whats going on ,
thank you ;
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,723 Views)