LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent installer from putting xyz.llb file into a folder named xyz.llb

In order to create a "bundle" installer that installs the application build output from multiple projects I have a project with the build folders from those other projects included as auto-populated folder. This works fine, but one of the builds now have an external .llb file included, and the final installer ends up adding that file not as just an .llb file in its original folder (where the application build correctly puts it), but as an .llb file within a regular folder named the same as the llb file.

So let's say that one of the applications have a file named PlugInA.llb in a folder named PlugIns. Then the installer ends up putting that file into an extra folder, so that the path becomes PlugIns\PlugInA.llb\PlugInA.llb.

Is there a way to avoid this? I do not want a solution that involves conversion to an lvlib-file for example, or having one installer that just runs multiple separate installers...(both of these might work around the issue yes, but they have other effects as well that I do not wish). The installer should just treat the llb file as a flat file that is to be included as it is.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,117 Views)

yes, there is a way to stop that.  after adding the build outputs convert the autopopulating folder to a virtual folder

Hmmm..... I wonder how often the solution to a problem can be "Stop auto-populating?"

As an asside why are you using an llb? an lvlib or plvlib is usually the better way to distribute a library

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,108 Views)