LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure logging

I am trying to find a VI that will enable me to log a pressure value and then after a specified time change to a different pressure and log that. i wish to do this about 10 times with 10 different rates and then graphically view the results. I hope to be able to displya it like the attachment

many thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,873 Views)
You're going to have to provide a bit more information other than a VI with a bunch of controls that aren't wired to anything. What kind of pressure sensors are you using? How do you plan to get the information to the pc? DAQ board, GPIB, or what? Try to narrow your question down to something specific.
Message 2 of 10
(2,855 Views)
What I have is a mass flow meter that is connected to a pc via serial connection, what I wish to do at the start is specify the values for the flow meter,
for instance.
5 mins at 10 litres per min then
10 mins at 2 litres then
5 mins at 6 litres and so on with the oportunity to put in any value i wish.
I would then press go on the Vi and it would perform the task.
So what I an after would be a design that I could possible copy to enable me to put in the desired values and log them,

hope this is better

shane
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,851 Views)
It helps a little. I've attached a very simple example that shows one way to specify a set of values and a wait time. I used an array for both so that a for loop could autoindex the elements. Inside the for loop is a VISA Write. You will have to use this to send the command to the flow meter. You're going to have to learn the actual command syntax for the meter. There are shipping examples for serial com that you shuld look at. There is also the Instrument I/O Assistant but that's not really suited to sending a series of different commands programtically. There are also numerous shipping examples on data logging. Note also that the example I attached is about as simple as can be. There's no error checking and no way to interupt the VI once it starts. Start with getting the serial com working and build from there.

I would also recomend checking the LabVIEW Learning Center for information on LabVIEW courses and tutorials.
Message 4 of 10
(2,840 Views)
Thanks Dennis for all your help although I didnt receieve the bsaic Vi that you put together could you possibly send it us again or email to
shane.f.dover@man.ac.uk

many thanks

shane
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,834 Views)
Sorry about that. Clicked submit to fast and then didn't check.
Message 6 of 10
(2,830 Views)
Hey dennis, I'm interested in the VI... do u think there's a 6.1 version of that file?

thanks.
Aquaphire

---USING LABVIEW 6.1---
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,822 Views)
Hey dennis, I'm interested in the VI... do u think there's a 6.1 version of that file?

thanks.
Aquaphire

---USING LABVIEW 6.1---
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,822 Views)
Thanks Dennis,

I will be in touch soon

Shane
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,818 Views)