LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Press and hold on a Surface pro touch screen

I don't think disabling RMB will enable mouse down events though. The double click will work as the OS knows from the first short click and the second "mouse down" that it is a double click that is intended.

Easy way to test is to create av vi with a few different boolean controls with different mechanisms, and then use an event structure to see how/when/if mouse down events are fired.

CLA
www.dvel.se
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,836 Views)

And I am sure there are countless spectators here wating for your results with bated breath.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,822 Views)

Took me a while but I tried my surface with all possible switches. It seems that no matter what mechanism button I use, the mouse down event is always fired on release. I also got a hold of a Hatteland touch panel which also responds the same.

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,788 Views)

Hello everyone,

Disabling RMB on itself will not do the trick, but is necessary to implement a work-around that shows the "wanted behavior".

On Windows 7 and my personal Touch Panel this (not so clean and unpolished) work-around provide a switch until released boolean control value (only focused on the right value).

If you would want to have correct/proper events linked to this fake Switch Until Released behavior, then it might be more useful to start using some intermediate User Events.

However, this might further complicate the UI part of the application.

Downside for this approach is of course that you would not be able to use the same UI Event Handling for non-touch panels.

This could incur in some dynamically selectable User Interface Event Handling depending on which kind of PC (TP or non TP) you're using

PS: Excuse the Rube Goldbergs and other inefficiencies that are in this VI.

The attached Code is provided As Is. It has not been tested or validated as a product, for use in a deployed application or system, or for use in hazardous environments. You assume all risks for use of the Code and use of the Code is subject to the Sample Code License Terms which can be found at: http://ni.com/samplecodelicense

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
Message 14 of 16
(1,743 Views)

Hi, just found a solution - at least for a Elo touch screen (USB).

All though the touch screen works out of the box plugged in the USB, the Microsoft Windows driver is what causes this issue. We installed the Elo driver and used a setting called "Force Mouse = 1". The driver then installs the touch screen as a mouse, and now all the buttons works as they should 🙂

We did similar driver installation on two other brands of touch screens with same success.

All the machines where running windows10

Regards

Torbjørn Hansen

Kystdesign

Message 15 of 16
(1,268 Views)

I have same problem. had design Labview application and it works fine with mouse but when i installed in Touch CPU. it wouldn't work.

I installed eGalaxy Touch Driver on Windows 10 OS. then application all buttons works perfectly as i wish.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,058 Views)