From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre trigger problems

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm having some issues with my project. I can't figure out what's wrong. The project is to build a FPGA-target which uses a trigger to start sampling data and it also needs to have pre/post trigger functions, but it just won't trigger when it's supposed to.

I'm attaching my program.

Regards,

Tim Jansson

(It seems that I managed to double post this thread again. I apologize and hope that this won't cause too much problems)

Message Edited by MightyEKA on 11-23-2009 01:05 AM
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,301 Views)

I'm quite stuck acctually. Right now, my FPGA works...bad. It triggers but now I'm using 3 FIFOs (one local) and I don't think this is neccesary. My host program is even worse, and it doesn't even uses the trigger.

Don't even bother to look at the Front Panel! 😉

Tim

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,245 Views)

Tim,

i am sorry. But reading your posts and looking into your code, i do not understand, what you are trying to achieve in the first place.

I suggest you to describe what your task is, what is the setup (without any code) and if there are any restrictions. 

hope this helps,

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,238 Views)

Thanks for reply!

I'm sorry for being confusing! I manage to solve the problem and I understand that you were confused by my previous code. It confused me as well. I got things mixed up, and I made things much more complicated than it should be, but the problem is solved and the result is a simple code

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Regards,

Tim

Message Edited by MightyEKA on 11-25-2009 03:48 AM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,234 Views)

Is it possible to send a huge amount of elements (I might need to sample 30 seconds) through DMA even though my FIFO size is only ~2000 elements? Is it possible to "wrap" these up in blocks and send the blocks as elements? Or do I have to make a new code from the beginning?

Regards,

Tim

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,220 Views)
Solution
Accepted by MightyEKA
Never mind! I solved it!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,205 Views)

Hello

Is it possible for you to upload the fixed VI?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,310 Views)