cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Meter

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I want to meausre the Voltage , current and power for a AC 220kW vacuum Cleaner using Lab View. Can somebody help in the Hardware side what all components i need. I have little knowledge about it.

Pardeep

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,907 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pardeepsingh

Well to perform proper power measurment the current and voltage need to be sampled at the same time, in the same clock cycle.  Most NI DAQ hardware has a single ADC and they will switch between channels quickly with a MUX.  This won't work for you and you should actually use a simultanious sampling hardware.  Here is an article that talks a bit about it.

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/8198/en/

Basically for that example they are measureing 3 phase voltage with a 300VRMS 9225, 3 phase current with a 5ARMS 9227, and then a single cDAQ chassis, the cheapest is a 4 slot 9174.  If you need more current or voltage, then you'll need some kind of buffer circuit that might convert your high voltage or current to a -10V to 10V and use a 9239, then scale it back up with software.

Oh and if you want to get real fancy you can buy the power suite software too.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,899 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. It is helpful. I was thinking about some hardware solution in which i can have a power transformer parellel to the load and that power transformer is further connected to voltage divider as the power transformaer output is quite high for the system.And further voltage divider goes to DAQ. For current current trasformer which goes to Daq to to measure the current.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,878 Views)