LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power-Current plot

I'm a rookie to labVIEW and would like to try out this new program. I just need to plot a simple power-current graph but i'm facing with some problems.

I'm using Keithley model 2520 and i want to enchance its program to be able to plot that. Unfortunately, it is very complicated and I have no idea how do I link the 2 values together. I was wondering if someone would share with me some idea to reduce my problems.

I also have done some research and found this http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/how-to-plot-previous-and-present-graphs-in-xy-graph/m-p/1548202/high...

Unfortunately, it is also very complicated and it does not have any relation to the model i'm getting.

I have attached the work that is able to get the current-voltage plot. Will appreciate your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,252 Views)

That Keithley program is as badly written as anything I have seen in a long time and I understand your unwillingness to use it. Unfortunately, there is no driver for that instrument available from NI.

I would suggest you learn how to perform all of the measurement steps manually and then look up the necessary programming commands in order to reproduce the steps automatically. Instead of the GPIB Write/Reads, use the VISA Write/Read functions and lay the code out in a linear fashion instead of the stacked sequence structure.

You can start learning LabVIEW here. There are also other tutorials available.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,232 Views)

Yes, it is really bad for a beginner to start out with that program. I guess I have to go back to basics and try to work something out. If I happen to encounter any other problems, will have to post it up again. Thanks anyway!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,206 Views)

I agree that is was a poorly written VI. An XY plot is simply a cluster of two arrays - first array is the x data values and second array is the y data values. If you want to add multiple plots, just build an array of the cluster. I added an example attached.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,193 Views)

Thanks! But i was told to use the one i have attached as the base to do modifications. I guess I would have to really understand it before I can go any further

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,173 Views)