cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post processing the received serial data

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello crossrulz,

Thanks for your suggestions that finally made it working perfectly.

And for converting hexadecimal to 2’s complement using (DataSeparator.vi) one of the solutions found here

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/24bit-hex-to-2-s-complement/m-p/1685722/highlight/true#M598940

I wonder if the converted 2’s complement value is right (result is shown in the attached iamge)because when I used this http://www.hobbyprojects.com/calculators/binary_decimal_hex_converter.html

calculator it is showing 13176 as the result when the 00CC88 hexadecimal value is converted into 2’s complement.

Can someone clarify this and the working of 2’s complement.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(659 Views)

Hi,

Can anyone help me out in verifying the working of hexadecimal value to 2's complement.

thankyou.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(647 Views)

You have a major issue with knowing what your data is.  The output of that Array To Spreadsheet String is ASCII data.  You can't do binary operations on it.  You want to perform the 2s Compliment on your raw numeric data.

Here's what I would do

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 13 of 15
(635 Views)

Hi,

Can you please psot the vi for this image(conversion from hexadecimal to 2's complment).

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(620 Views)

That image is actually a snippet.  Save the image to your computer and then drag the file from your Windows Explorer onto your block diagram.  *poof* You have code.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(612 Views)