LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to view and control my AVT Pike Camera with labview?

Hi,

I have a AVT Pike 032b camera connecting with computer with IEEE1394... I tried to look for device driver for this camera in NI but there isn't any. 

I would like to ask if it is possible to detect my camera with Labview, make labview a camera video output, and even control the fps and resolution?

Thanks!

Best,

Matthew

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,427 Views)

Hi Matthew,

First off all if you open NI MAX do you see your camera under devices? If not you still need to download the NI 1394 IEEE driver which can be found here: http://www.ni.com/download/cds/view/p/lang/en/id/361/.

When I have some time later today I'll show you a VI with camera output and I'll see how it's possible to change your settings.

Regards

Ruts

Message 2 of 7
(3,411 Views)

Hi

I have attached the basic program which allows you to show you camera in LabVIEW. I also took a quick look to the resolution/fps control, but I couldn't find the solution in this short time. I believe it is done with the property node.vi that also stand in the program I attached (it's unwired, remove the property node if you want to run the program).

Regards

Ruts

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,395 Views)

Hi Ruts,

Thanks for your reply! i donwloaded the NI1394 EEE drvier but I couldnt find any button in labview showing the 1394... Could you please tell me where I could find that?

I tried open the VI your have and all the blocks are empty, seems my labview couldn't reconize the building blocks.

Best,

Matthew

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,286 Views)

The reason you see those empty block is probably because you haven't installed the NI vision software. You have to download NI Vision Builder for Automated Inspection in order to see these blocks. I doubt there is another way to get your real-time camera images into LabVIEW. 

With the IEEE 1394 driver installed, do you see your camera in NI MAX under devices and interfaces? If you see your camera there that is already a good sign.

Regards

Ruts

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,258 Views)

Hi, Ruts

First, thank you for you reply and I also have a problem with the triggering.

I am using AVT Pike F-032C camera and what I want to achieve is to set a TTL signal to both a laser and the camera in order to start the recording the same time as the laser.

The camera is connected to a PC via 1394b card. And the I/O connector is connected to a TTL signal generated by labview. 

I am now using the software AVT_smartview to control the camera and using the external trigger mode.

But it doesnot work. 

Could you help me with this?

Thanks a lot in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,059 Views)

Hi,   As a member of thet Allied Vision support team I "lurk" here to try to help with Allied Vision questions...   I'm dashing off to a full-day committment as I write this... but if the questions are "camera-specific" rather than NI-specific, you are welcome to contact us via the support form at the Allied Vision website, so that our global support team can advise you on configuring the camera for triggering.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,044 Views)