From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to run exe on PC without having to deploy sh. vars on cRIO?

I have an executable that is also accessing shared variables on a cRIO.  For testing I'd like to keep the executable running on the cRIO as it will when it is deployed but I would like to run the main application (PC host vi) in the LV environment.  Is this even possible?  When I try to do this LV always wants to shut down the VI running on the cRIO and deploy again.

I know there is a good reason for this, but it would be nice if this was possible.  Would help when it is desirable to test the cRIO under normal operating conditions.

Thanks!

Rob
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,934 Views)

Hello Rob,

Yes this is possible. First deploy your RT exe and Shared Variable into cRIO and set your RT exe as startup. Now exit from your labVIEW project and open host vi only (with out open your project only open host vi) and run your host vi. it will not ask to deploy any rt vi or shared varible.

enjoy..

Regards,

Malhar

Greeting from India,
Malhar
Message 2 of 3
(2,922 Views)

I'm actually trying to avoid running the exe outside the LV environment. As I am wanting to debug my PC application while running the cRIO as it will in the field. 

After reading your post I got the ide of trying to turn "Auto deply" shared variables off (which are located on cRIO).  This seemed to work...! Smiley Happy Thanks...Malhar!

Rob
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,890 Views)