From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Bug with Waveform Graph

Solved!
Go to solution

labview bug Recently while I was going to create a vi to convert labview grapg into trend I find a small bug in labview graph and waveform that is not possible for solve unless national instrument correct it roots codes

bug is that in invert mood of graph if your minimum data is not zero, start point of grid is not work well and then you loos your grids.

any body else have same problem? you can find more explain in my linkdin hatef fouladi

https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/jc/AAEAAQAAAAAAAATMAAAAJDA4MjAzOTQ2LTk2MTEtNGJmMy1hMGQzLTg2MTljYzgzZmI3Yw.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 33
(3,779 Views)
What is needed is some example code demonstrating the "bug".

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 33
(3,747 Views)

Can you attach information to this message thread?  (No one is going to login to linked in to find you).

Attach a VI that demonstrates the problem.  Any special data for controls or indicators should be saved as the default values of those controls before saving and uploading the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 33
(3,743 Views)

This makes perfect sence. 

You have inverted the graph. 

The start can't be smaller that the max value, it can't even be smaller than the minimum value, because your graph starts at the highest number. 

How did you think the graph should have looked like?  5 then 23 then 15? 

Your entry on the min and max has also changed, if you take a look.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 33
(3,714 Views)

Hello agian
thank you for answer I made simple example vi to show the bug  you can run this vi see the problem

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 33
(3,684 Views)

Hatef,

This isn't really a bug, but I agree it can look a bit surprising. What must be said to understand what you see with this VI is that setting a Min value smaller than the Max value in the axis Xscale.Range properties cluster isn't actually enough to revert back the axis in the correct direction... You must first set the appropriate axis direction with the "XScale.Flipped" boolean property.

I have slightly edited your VI to show how it could be done. This way both graphs will behave in the same way, and according to your expectations :

Fixed_Graph_Scale.png

Best regards,

Vincent

Message 6 of 33
(3,626 Views)

Dear Vincent Berseth as I menstion before in linkden the bug is not fixed and still remain and your vi just hide it 
I made a simple vi to show that bug still remain 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 33
(3,571 Views)

I see what you are talking about.  Something doesn't seem right.

But there is one thing I don't understand.  What is the difference between your two waveform graphs?  They behave identically.  They both get the same property values written to them.  Yet you are getting different results in your "bug" and "no bug" indicators.  Something must be different between them.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 33
(3,566 Views)

hi and thank you for your answer
if you look for first comment I attach the file with name of hatef bug in this file this a vi that show bug in one of the graph and show no bug in other 
after that one of your friend change the some code in vi to show that there is no bug but after that i make some more code to show that bug is still remain 
those two graph remain from first vi and are same in last on( in hatef bug fixed and in hatef bug not fixed)  so there is no difference in two graph in last vi ( just difference in first vi )

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 33
(3,552 Views)

Waveform Graph Scale "Inverted" Property is False and the same property is True for Waveform Graph 2.

Without speaking as to if the behavior seen is "Expected" or not, there clearly is a difference between the two indicators.  And a difference in a propery the OP may have failed to note.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 33
(3,529 Views)