From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Bug: LV 2016 Breakpoint Manager list incomplete

Solved!
Go to solution

Not sure if this is the proper venue for reporting possible bugs...

LabVIEW 2016 SP1 32bit.  I think the problem is obvious from the image below.  I have a breakpoint set and yet Breakpoint Manager doesn't list it.  Note that there is no visible scroll bar, so it's not simply scrolled off the window. I am not sure how I got there and not sure I can reproduce it.  Worse, is that now it seems to be ok.  Again, not sure what changed to make it appear.

20161222, LV 2016 SP1, 32 Bit, Breakpoint Manager Bug.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,798 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author EduNI

Hi EduNI, 

I recreated the piece of code you attached in LabVIEW 2016 SP1 32-bit and Breakpoint Manager was successfully able to list the breakpoint. Unfortunately, if we do not have exact steps to reproduce and the issue you see is not consistent, we cannot characterize it as a bug. If it seems to be ok now, you should be able to continue using breakpoints in your code. 

Angela Li

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,743 Views)

Thanks for checking. I understand since it was not reproducible that it could not be logged as a bug. I wanted to post it in the case someone else runs into it or I can reproduce it at a later date then there will be a history.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,709 Views)

I can confirm the non-appearance of breakpoints in the breakpoint manager in LV2016 (non-SP1) on some of our customers' machines -- but as I was there fixing code and we (on our own machines) have a strict install-SP1-only policy, I was not yet able to reproduce the issue locally.

So it is a bug, but a shy one...

Will report back once I have access to the customer's code again,

Sebastian

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,605 Views)

I have ran into it a few more times since my last post. Since the issues appears "randomly" I am unable to determine a sequence of operations that cause it to happen.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,585 Views)

Hello EduNI,

Does this happen after a solid amount of programming? Does it occur when you open a VI fresh and begin placing breakpoints? It could be wise to begin noting down the operations that you can remember right before this issue appears and comparing after a few occurrences to see if there are any things in common. Thank you for reporting this!

John H.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,563 Views)