From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Popup windows..

Hello all I wanted to repost this question,

I am developing a software that when run uses several sub vi, all of which  have user interchangable values so my main programme will run, it will then go to a sub vi where  message will appear giving options to change the values or keep old one.. ...user selects one or the other and then the sub vi finishes its task.. and closes.... However i wnat to know , first of all is there any way to call this vi again? without running the setup procedures again, juts to call to display the front pannel so user can see the inputted values??

Following is an example of what i mean.. (need to run Program called Main, and Loadngconstants). Essentially i am trying to run Main, and in doing so I need to call Loadngconstants, and that i can do, but during my run i need a user to just be able to call forexample Loadngconstants without rentring all the value again, make sence?

Hope you all can be of help

Mansoor
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,544 Views)
You should confine this to the original thread.

(2,518 Views)
1... For goodness sakes, put some icons on your VIs. It's impossible to get a feel for the program when the icon shows VI 3 and VI 2 and VI 4. Even if it's just text as in GET INPUT VALUS and ACQ SIGNAL, you should do SOMETHING.

2... If I understand your description, you want the user to enter some values once, but use them several times. You can use a shift register to hold them - take a look at the attached VIs.

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,515 Views)
Mansoor;

CostalMainBird has a good answer for how to manage the setup data. The other piece is managing the flow of the application itself. The best way to do that is with an event-driven interface. If the user clicks a button, for example, a dialog box VI gets initialized from the data in the shift register, gives the user a chance to modify the values and then puts the changes back in the shift register when it's done. Likewise, you can disable those buttons when it is no longer desireable to allow users to click them - as in the case of disabling the button for callinga a test setup dialog box once the test starts running.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 4 of 5
(2,510 Views)

umm thanks problem has been resolved now

M

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5