LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Popup window with .net control slow to close, affecting main window

Solved!
Go to solution

I have the full version, and I have not exprienced this. Please try with the attached version.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 27
(661 Views)

Hello Roger,

With this version I had to recreate the "SampleDataSeries>add" method and the "ViewXY>SampleDataSeries" Properties.

Can you share some code that shows how you want to call this VI?

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 27
(635 Views)

My SubVI is set to be reentrant. I was calling it dynamically by opening VI reference with 0x80 option and start asynchronous call node. I have now changed this to using Invoke Node > Run VI and setting control values, but same issue applies to both cases. 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 27
(625 Views)

Hello Roger,

I just tried it at my side and the code in attachment seems to work correctly.

Which version of LabVIEW are you using at your side?

Can you share an NI MAX Report (http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/271F252B4EF0A2E0862570E70056A1E4?OpenDocument)?

The attached Code is provided As Is. It has not been tested or validated as a product, for use in a deployed application or system, or for use in hazardous environments. You assume all risks for use of the Code and use of the Code is subject to the Sample Code License Terms which can be found at: http://ni.com/samplecodelicense

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 27
(618 Views)

I am using LabVIEW 2013, please see attachements. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 27
(613 Views)

The way I am doing it is that I have a main window from which I can launch several popup windows (i.e. the subVI with the .NET control). When closing any of the popup windows I want its memory to be released, but I do not want the main window to hang for ~10 seconds while the popup window is closing. This is what is happening.

Currently I have made a workaround where I do not close any popup window, only hide it, and then I reuse any hidden window when I want a new popup window. This seems to be working fine. 

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 27
(607 Views)

Hello Roger,

Can you try this second version in attachment?

At this moment I do not see responsiveness issues, but this could be due to the limited amount of funcionality in my main loop.

The attached Code is provided As Is. It has not been tested or validated as a product, for use in a deployed application or system, or for use in hazardous environments. You assume all risks for use of the Code and use of the Code is subject to the Sample Code License Terms which can be found at: http://ni.com/samplecodelicense

Kind Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 27
(603 Views)

I see you do not close the reference coming out of the start async call node. That was what I initially thought was the solution to my problem. But it turned out that then the popup VI "closes" instantly, but actually stays around and will not close properly until the main VI closes. When closing the reference (out from start async call), the VI closes correctly, but then hangs the main VI.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 27
(587 Views)

Hello Roger,

So this (see attachment) is the hanging behavior you're seeing at your side.

PS: Sorry for the delay in finding exactly what you're seeing.

Kind Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 27
(575 Views)

Indeed it is.

No worries, your time and effort is greatly appreciated, Thierry! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 27
(559 Views)