LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pop up picture display

Greeting,

I am a new labView user (actually in class right now) and I will be maintaining previously developed code where the VIs run under TestStand. In one VI the user is instructed to check a certain LED. We would like to have an annotated picture pop up showing the user the location of the  LED. This does not appear to be a Basics I or II topic so I would appreciate some suggestions. If a pop up is not possible then perhaps I could display it on a large front panel.

Thanks,

jh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,713 Views)

You could adopt the strategy of being able to show lots of puctures when you need them.  Put a pict ring control on the front panel...then show and hide it as need be selecting which image using a property node in code......you might try to use the text and pict ring too.  Add the picts with cut a paste (havn't used it but that is what the help says.)....Perhaps someone could help us with a better description.

Hope that helps.

Hummer1

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,701 Views)

TestStand has a Message Popup step type and one of the options is to display an image or web page. No reason to write any special code.

What version of TestStand are you using? If it's an older version that does not have this option, I have a custom LabVIEW popup that does almost the same thing. It allows you to reference a bmp, png, or jpg file. I used files so that if the images changed, I did not have to modify the VI.

Message 3 of 8
(4,691 Views)
I am told that pictures can't be used in dialog boxes. But I could use the pict ring and perhaps pop up a sub VI.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,684 Views)
You've been told wrong. There is nothing about setting a VI to a dialog box that restricts what you can or cannot place on it's front panel. Maybe you are thinking about the built-in dialogs? Those you cannot modify but you can make any VI into a dialog box by going to VI Properties>Window Appearance.
Message 5 of 8
(4,677 Views)
TestStand version 4.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,667 Views)
That's one I don't have installed but the popup with image is not listed in the 4.1 New Features. Just open TestStand and do an 'Insert Step>Message Popup'. Click on the 'Options' tab in the step settings window.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,665 Views)

Thanks. Will give it a shot when I get back to VA.

jh 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,652 Views)