LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polymorphic subVI is broken

I am trying to read in a 4-20 ma signal and display as PSI, I must have changed something that caused this error, Poly VI 'DAQmx Create Virtual Channel.vi': Polymorphic subVI is broken. I have updated drivers for DAQmx, but cannot find why this is happening.

Any idea,

Thanks,

Jeremy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,921 Views)

Jeremy,

This error can occur for a few different reasons.  The first item that I would think of would be a bad installation (if you've never used it before), but generally upgrading the driver will fix that issue.  If I may ask, however, what version of LabVIEW are you using, and what version of DAQmx did you upgrade to?  I just ask for compatibilty's sake.

Secondly, this error can occur because the connector panes of the SubVIs that make up the Polymorphic VI have been tampered with. You should be able to open the Polymorphic VI and actually see where the errors within are.  For more information on this, please check the following link:

Polymorphic SubVI is Broken

Finally, I must ask: are you able to see your DAQmx device in Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX)?  If you are, the error could simply be that you need to modify the DAQmx Create Virtual Channel.vi.  If not, I would guess that this is a bigger overarching DAQmx problem, which I still have a faint suspicion will be the case.  If you try the above link and cannot find anything of merit, I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version of DAQmx that is compatible with your version of LabVIEW.  More information on compatibilities can be found here (DAQmx 9.6.1, not covered in the chart, is compatible with 2009 and up):

DAQmx - LabVIEW compatibility chart

Regards,

Keith M.

Applications Engineer

Message 2 of 2
(2,882 Views)