From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting vakues in realtime

Solved!
Go to solution

I will receive a set of (X/Y) array values in real time(100 elements per each set) continuosly. I want to plot that in X/Y graph when I receive each 100 elements (this 100 elements will be received as a set), but when I plot the new set I want to retain the old set of information in the graph. So every time when I receive a set of values one plot is increasing in same graph (consider that I'm not receiving all the set simultaneously, I will receive it one by one)

Could you please anybody help me to develop a subvi

Best Regards,

M.Paheerathan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,937 Views)
Use shift registers and a Build Array for the x and y data or use (ugh), the Express XY Graph. It retains old data if you don't set the reset to be true.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,936 Views)

Yap. But is it possible to give  a sample VI?

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Rathan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,932 Views)
Why don't you try to write something yourself first? Shift registers are basic LabVIEW knowledge. The Express XY Graph doesn't even require any coding.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,926 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pahee

Dennis Knutson wrote:
Shift registers are basic LabVIEW knowledge.

And Express VI's are carnal LabVIEW knowledge.

XY Express.gif

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,919 Views)

This is a duplicate post.

To Poster: Your question is answered by looking at the examples that ship with LabVIEW. Search the examples for "XY Chart".

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,896 Views)

Thank you very much Broken Arrow

That's what I expected

Regards,

Rathan

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,864 Views)

rathan wrote:

Thank you very much Broken Arrow

Dennis answered your question, I just made a screen shot and a sarcastic note about Express VI's. You'll never grow as a LV programmer if you use Express VI's where there exists a more direct and efficient programming method (which is about always). But I'm glad that your issue was resolved.

Message Edited by Broken Arrow on 10-12-2009 07:59 AM
Richard

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,850 Views)