From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting thermocouple data vs time in a waveform chart

I am trying to graph anywhere from a few up to 32 thermocouples vs time, below is what I have so far but the chart only show beginning and end times which does not help much. Is it possible to get the chart to fill in more on the x axis ? Ideally the time would be relative and in HH:MM. The chart is set to abosolute time with the x axis autoscaled. 

Thermocouple_vi.PNGthermocouple_vi2.PNG

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,258 Views)

In the block diagram, right click on the waveform chart, select Create -> Property Node. Then you can scroll down until you find the adjustable properties for the X scale. Increment is one of them.

Cameron

To err is human, but to really foul it up requires a computer.
The optimist believes we are in the best of all possible worlds - the pessimist fears this is true.
Profanity is the one language all programmers know best.
An expert is someone who has made all the possible mistakes.

To learn something about LabVIEW at no extra cost, work the online LabVIEW tutorial(s):

LabVIEW Unit 1 - Getting Started</ a>
Learn to Use LabVIEW with MyDAQ</ a>
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,246 Views)

It appears my issue was overlooking the scale representation options. Thank you for your help. 

solution.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,235 Views)

Question - How do you resolve this error? I hooked up an E-type thermocouple to ports AI 0+/0-. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ERROR.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(731 Views)

Hi electroq,

use a valid channel name…

Btw. cleaning up that old VI would also be a good idea:

Delete the queue in the subVI and wire the waveform to the connector pane!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(717 Views)

I am. The myDAQ channel selected appears in the drop down and is the channel used via cable to computer. Not sure what to change here.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(712 Views)

It's hard to know exactly without your VI attached but I'm not sure you're using the myDAQ1/ai1 as the actual input to your DAQ create function. It looks like the TC substring is being used as the input (concatenated with 0) and that looks to be empty.

If you haven't already I'd start by searching for "thermocouple" in the example finder (Help -> Find Examples). If you're having issues getting hardware to work starting with the shipping examples is a good first step.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(691 Views)

Hi electroq,

@electroq wrote:

I am. The myDAQ channel selected appears in the drop down and is the channel used via cable to computer. Not sure what to change here.

Debug your VI!

That VI tries to use several input channels and even manipulates their channel name: are you sure the VI is using the correct channel name internally? ("Sure" in the sense of "Yes, I debugged my VI and made sure it is accessing the correct channel(s) in all DAQmx tasks!")

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(664 Views)