From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting multiplot chart on NI Dashboard

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there, I have two sensors for measurement and I would like the two datas from the sensors to be displayed on the chart on the NI dashboard, how do I do so? I've tried adding 2 plot in NI Dashboard chart, however it only shows one of the sensor data only.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,670 Views)

Hi!

I have not used NI Dashboard before but I think it should work when you send bundled data from LabVIEW:

Bundled Data.png

Let me know whether does it work with NI Dashboard?

Marcin

Think Dataflow - blog.mtapp.tech
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,641 Views)

Multiple Plots on Charts and Graphs 

You can now view multiplot data using the chart, graph, and XY graph. The chart and graph display 2D arrays of supported numeric values as multiplot data. The XY graph displays 2D arrays of points as multiplot data, where each point is a cluster that contains a pair of supported numeric values.  You can change the color of the plots by changing the color theme selected in the graph/chart properties. Sourced: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-29356

-So you need to ensure to create proper 2d array of data by getting data from each sensor and pass to chart.

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,620 Views)

Is this the correct way to create the array?
Untitled.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,597 Views)

Hello,

Actually, that what you have created is called cluster, not an array, here you can read more about it:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/7571/en/

Anyway, I was playing today with Data Dashboard and it is really cool stuff but... I couldn't figure out the multiplot neither. Did you manage to do it?

I have tried to pass a waveform, an array, an array of waveromes, none of these worked 😞

Marcin

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,576 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JiaLuo08

The Data Dashboard chart will show multiple plots when given a 2D array of numerics.

Example.png

Message 6 of 10
(4,537 Views)

Hi Kracken,

On what platform are you using Data Dashboard?

In my case I'm testing on Windows 10 and I can see variables like Numeric or Boolean but when I use a 2D array it just doesn't show up in the Network Variables in Data Dashboard...

Marcin

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,534 Views)

Multiplot on graphs is only available in Data Dashboard 2.0+ for iOS and Android tablets.

Message 8 of 10
(4,532 Views)

Hi Kracken, I've followed your example, but however, there's an error when connecting to shared variable. How to resolve it? Thanks.Untitled.png

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,514 Views)
How Do I Make a 2D Shared Variable? http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2206804A09D79A298625763800551E43
Thanks
uday
Message 10 of 10
(4,510 Views)