LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting a graph

Data is not stored on the myDAQ. It is stored in your pc's ram by the LabVIEW program. That's really basic knowledge. You would be able to run your program for an indefinite time, storing to disk as you go along and not waiting until the end to export it.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23
(1,243 Views)

Ohh alright,well I recently found a data logger app when i finished installing the labview student edition. Is it okay to use that for my data recording for my project? or would this http://www.ni.com/academic/students/learn-daq/data-logging/ be more suitable?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 23
(1,208 Views)

May I ask another question,like after I cut the wires for the lego,there is 4 wires in total,

• GND – ground wire – Always connected (0V regardless of battery pack direction)
  • C1 – control wire 1 – 9V when battery pack is forward, 0V when in reverse
  • C2 – control wire 2 – 0V when battery pack is forward, 9V when in reverse
  • 9V – power wire – On when battery pack is on (9V regardless of pack direction)

there are these 4 wires,i wanna connect them to the NI myDAQ device,is it right if I only use the GND and 9V wires? Like the 9V goes to AI 1+ / AI 1- and the GND to AO 0 / AO 1. Cause I feel the C1 and C2 wires cant really be used. But I wonder if I still can get the graph results on Labview if I connect it this way. Any help is appreciated. TIA.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(1,143 Views)
What exactly do you expect to do when you read a fixed voltage? I'm not convinced your description of the other wires is correct.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 23
(1,133 Views)

My project is to actually collect data taken from LEGO MINDSTORMS solar panel and windmill,then get the data into the myDAQ and present it out in a graphical format. Although LEGO MINDSTORMS education EV3 program is able to collect the data and present it in terms of Excel(.csv) format but I need the timing too,my project wants me to collect the data continuously and show the results on graph continuously too. I got the wire details from this link (http://scuttlebots.com/2014/03/02/lego-pf-hacking-wiring/)...

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 23
(1,123 Views)
That link does not point to anything specific. Aren't you aware of using unmodified hardware with Lego and LabVIEW?

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-for-LEGO-MINDSTORMS-and/bd-p/460
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 23
(1,111 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 23
(1,102 Views)
Like I said, it's silly to connect the MyDaq to just the power pins. The article refers to a motor control and I don't see the relationship to a solar panel. The pins in the article are outputs from the Lego brick, not inputs to it that can monitor.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 23
(1,083 Views)

ohh...really...? thats bad...but is there anyway I can connect the solar panel for lego directly with NI myDAQ device and then plot graph out using Labview?

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23
(1,073 Views)
Probably, once you determine what the pins are for the solar panel. Or, skip the MyDaq and use the Lego brick and the LabVIEW toolkit for it.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 23
(1,052 Views)