LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting XY graph with two values and time

No, but the files I attached earlier have no gaps. So maybe could just start with that.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 55
(772 Views)

What's your LabVIEW version?

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 55
(760 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 55
(755 Views)

Try this, just a quick attempt at parsing the files and correlate the data.

It seems the data is mostly not correlated. There only seems to be some correlation between ~40 and 60 hours, so you might want to investigate that data subset (not shown).

I included the data as string diagram constants. Just read the files as a string to get the raw string to be processed the same.

Message 24 of 55
(745 Views)

When I read the spreadsheet in, it says the scan from string is is wired to an unexpected input format. So I changed the format of the read from spreadsheet to match the scan function, which has no errors but also does not show any graphs or data arrays.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 55
(728 Views)

I never said to use "read from spreadsheet file". It will not work directly because the various fields require different formats. SImply read is as a plain string using read from text file, for example, then feed that string into the existing machinery. (there are othere ways, for exampe you could read it as lines into an array, skippng the spreadsheet string to array function).

If you make modifications that break the code, please attach the new code so we can troubelshoot.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 55
(720 Views)

The file that needs reading is in csv format. Would the 'read from text file' work?

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 55
(701 Views)

Yes. Why don't you simply try? You need to make some attempts to understand my code. As you can easily see, it already assumes commas as field seperators. Nothing else to do.

(It is faster to simply try it that to ask here. :D)

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 55
(693 Views)

I got this error, is there something I have done wrong here?

Scan failed. The input string does not contain data in the expected format.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 55
(680 Views)

Then don't attach the VI, attach the datafile!

In any case, you are using the "spreadsheet string to array" completely wrong and not as I instructed.

Just wire the string from the read operation in place of my string diagram constants. Don't add meaningless code!

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 55
(676 Views)