From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting 3D points to create a cylinder

Hello,

I have some points (x, y, z) where x is the distance along a horizontal axis of a cylindrical shape, y is the degree and z is the value. I'm measuring a value along a clynder and I want to create the clynder but instead using the measured values (the end shape won't be a clynder). I tried to do this in LabVIEW but I'm not farmiliar with 3D drawings. I was able to do a 3D scatter plot of my data but the Surface plot did not work (it's 2D). I have attached a partial list of my data and my VI. I can't upload the full list of data because it's a very large file and I'm not done taking all the measurements. I also don't have all the phases in that list (only 0, 60, 120 but we have data for 180, 240 and 300 degrees of rotation).

My main objective is to take the distance measurement of a clynderical shape along with the degree information and a measurement and plot it so that the measurement is plotted against a distance and degree, creating a 3D object.

Any help is greatly apprecated.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,866 Views)

Why don't you use a 3D picture control. You can create any cylinders you like and then transform (translate, rotate, ecale, etc) them the way you want them.

Can you show us a picture how the end result is supposed to look like.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,858 Views)