LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting 2 arrays

Maybe you also need an input for m and b. What is the error message you get when you click the broken run buttn?
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 52
(984 Views)

On the error list under  "Show warnings", it had this :  Formular Node: Undefined variable

Under details, it had this: Error on line 1 is marked by a '#' character: " y1 = x^3+X#^2 +5; y2  = mx+ b; "
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 52
(981 Views)
Why don't you show us your code. Do you have inputs for "m" and "b"?
0 Kudos
Message 43 of 52
(979 Views)
Can you tell me how to paste a code on a forum like this one?. I don't have separate imputs for m and b.
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 52
(977 Views)

Mbdeck wrote:
I don't have separate imputs for m and b.

Well, do you think LabVIEW is clairvoyant. How should the formula know what values to use for m and b if you don't tell it??? 😮

Just add these two inputs and all will be well, see picture.

Below the window where you compose the message is a button to add attachments. It should be clear how to use it. 🙂

Message Edited by altenbach on 05-27-2008 04:50 PM
0 Kudos
Message 45 of 52
(974 Views)
Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 52
(961 Views)
Hi altenbach,

I finally got around to repeating that formular node problem but the code still gives an error message like it did earlier. I've attached the code for you to see.

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 52
(938 Views)
Please Ignore my post. I just figured out why the code wasn't executing. I had an upper case X in formula node while the input was a lower case x. 

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 52
(937 Views)
Altenbach,

I have another question. This time, it is with Case structures. I'm trying to build a calculator VI that will perform more than 3 operations but the case structure would not permit more than two operations. This is not a boolean case where you can only do True and False. Here is the problem below:

Build a VI that functions like a calculator. On the front panel, use numeric controls to input two numbers and a numeric indicator to display the result of the operation (Add, Subtract, Divide, or Multiply) that the VI performs on the two numbers. Use a slide control to specify the operation to perform.

I used a vertical numeric slide control as the case selector as specified in the problem but when I wired that slide contol to the case structure, it would only allow two cases of 0(default) and 1.  I suspect it has to do with the slide control but I don't know how to fix it. I'll like your opinion and suggestions.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 49 of 52
(922 Views)
Again, this is a new problem, so you should start a new thread instead of posting it with the unrelated title of "plotting 2 arrays".

You can right-click on the case structure and add as many cases as you want. 🙂

Check the labview help.
0 Kudos
Message 50 of 52
(910 Views)