LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot the angular position of two motors

Hi, I would like to plot the angular position of two motors (X,Y) in a single graph. It means plotting the angular position of motor X along x-axis &  angular position of motor Y along y-axis in LabVIEW. Can anyone suggest me any VI, or how to implement it in LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(3,455 Views)

-The XY graph accepts a cluster that contains an x array and a y array. Refer to the (X and Y arrays) Single Plot graph in the XY Graph VI in the labview\examples\general\graphs\gengraph.llb for an example of a graph that accepts this data type.

Ref more: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/lvconcepts/types_of_graphs_and_charts/

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(3,451 Views)

I have already gone through this link but couldnt find any solution. I want to know weather from the graph a list of array can be taken or not?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(3,433 Views)

Could you explain a bit more?
-The array input which you provide to Y-axis of Two graphs have to be used as X-array and Y-array for the graph( This is what i understood from your question).
-Now, what do you mean by

reshmi.0989@gmail.com wrote:

I want to know weather from the graph a list of array can be taken or not?

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(3,429 Views)

ok..let me explain. From motor X,  I can aquire its signal  by DAQ Assistant & display its angualr position in a graph, where I am plotting its angualr position w.r.t time. Similarly for motor Y. Now in my new graph I want to plot along x-axis..will be motor X position & motor Y position along y-axis. I have already attached a file peviously for yours simplicity. 

Also you suggested to generate an array & cluster..so I asked that from where to generate array?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(3,426 Views)
Did you look into the examples in that path?
-try an example and post VI or LabVIEW snippet.
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(3,423 Views)

I have LabVIEW 11 version, & cannot find the link path provided by you.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(3,418 Views)
Go to LabVIEW menu options-> Help->Find Examples-> Search for XY Graph
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(3,414 Views)

If you are getting an array of X and Y values you can bundle and feed for XY Graph Node.

SimpleXYGraph.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(3,410 Views)

After aquiring the signal grom DAQ Assistant, I am getting the angular position of both the motors. This angular position is depicted both in numeric indicator & its corresponding graph. Now will I generate an array of X & Y values from this motors to be feed into bundle.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(3,371 Views)