LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot name confusion Mixed Signal Graph

Hey,

I'm currently working with LabView 2013 to build a program to analyze analog and digital waveforms with lots of data.

Therefore I use the Mixed Signal Graph, which fits this purpose best. I found out, bundling two arrays of waveforms (digital and analog waveform arrays) brings up two plot areas for these kinds of signals.

The Problem is the Plot Naming. I use the analog waveform attribute "NI_ChannelName" to change the waveform names.

But attaching new waveforms to the end of the analog waveforms array and feeding it into the graph seems to confuse it. It changes the plot names of pre-existing plots, which is not the intended functionality.

bug-before.png and after pressing the ok button: bug-after.png

I built a snippet VI to show this unexpected behavior. Maybe someone knows a solution. The VI is attached.

I found a possible workaround: Attaching the waveform to the beginning of the array, but then all new waveforms are in reverse order. I think there should be a better solution for that and it could also introduce a lack of performance since I handle megabytes of sample data with my program and reorganizing the array from the top seems to be slow.

I also found out that there were similar problems in the past. Refering to http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Plot-name-errors-on-mixed-signal-graph/m-p/770839/highlight/true#M35...

Thanks in advance and best regards from Germany,

Philipp Burger

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,599 Views)

[edit] sorry misread the post [/edit]

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,563 Views)

Hm, seems like nobody got an idea..?

Maybe R&D could help?! I don't know any way out currently.

Message 3 of 3
(2,503 Views)