LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help the Newbie

This may sound dumb to all you pro's out there 😜
but I am new to Labview and need help creating a small application.

what I need is a simple application(as simple as possible) that outputs a certain voltage over time.(through DAQmx(analog output)) like in the picture in the attachment

Thanks for all your help

-sorry if this is too much to ask
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,791 Views)

Check out the examples that ship with LV. Search for anakog output and you will find several that will either do what you need or will with a bit of tweaking.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,743 Views)
GTOzoom16,

Mike is right, we have some great examples out there. To find them in LabVIEW, go to Help -> Find Examples. In the tree under the Browse tab, go to Hardware Input and Output -> DAQmx -> Analog Generation -> Voltage. Two examples that sound like they would help you are "Gen Mult Volt Updates-SW Timed.vi" and "Gen Voltage Update.vi."

Hope this helps,
Ryan V.
National Instruments
Ryan Verret
Product Marketing Engineer
Signal Generators
National Instruments
Message 3 of 7
(2,728 Views)
thanks for all your help, but It looks like everything in the examples section just generates sine waves. What I was hoping to get was just linear progression over a given period of time.

thanks again
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,724 Views)
Try using the "Simulate Arbitrary Signal" express vi.  You can specify points (x,y coords) with which it will generate a function.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,713 Views)
Here is a simple vi to build a ramp signal.  Put your code to write to the DAQ inside this loop and use the value of the top shift register as the DAQ input.  You should initialize the DAQ before the loop, write to the DAQ inside the loop, and close the DAQ after the loop.  If your DAQ is the kind that you must write an entire buffer of data (like a 1D array), then call the Start DAQ function, then you can use build array to build an array of data inside the loop (or use enable indexing on the loop output tunnel), and send the array to the DAQ (write DAQ, then start DAQ) after the loop.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 6 of 7
(2,678 Views)
tBob,

That was Exactly what I was looking for!

thanks alot

Message Edited by GTOzoom16 on 08-11-2005 07:59 AM

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,647 Views)