LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Play a sound as warning message

Hi,

I am trying to get labview to play a sound as a warning message when a value is exceeded. I can get a Boolean LED to light on this condition, but the sound file plays all the time. It needs to start when the LED lights.

Where can I wire the sound vi to, so this condition is satisfied - See belowLabVIEW Sound.JPG

I am using Labview 8.2 Student

Any Ideas?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,048 Views)

Hi Magical Marshm...,

palce a case structure in your BD and out your sound file code into the true case. Connect the "Warning Zone 1" value to the case structure, so the sound plays only if this condition is true. You have to convert it to a boolean value first.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,042 Views)

As Mike explained, you will need a Case Statement and some condition to play the warning sound.

At the moment, the warning will play everytime, quite possibly at the beginning of execution of your code.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,009 Views)

Allow me to "chime in" (groan):

To learn more about LabVIEW it is recommended that you go through the tutorial(s) and look over the material in the NI Developer Zone's Learning Center which provides links to other materials and other tutorials. You can also take the online courses for free.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,007 Views)

I leave an example that can provide, use it in your program

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,492 Views)