LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Place a control in front of a shockwave flash object

¿is there any way to place a control in front of a shockwave flash object? (See attached VI: Go to the block diagram, right click the SWF object and click “Show control”…. If it is visible I can’t place the Boolean control in front). I’ve already tried to bring it to the front…..(ctrl+shift+k)

SWF vs BOOL.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,425 Views)

Short answer: no. I didn't look at the VI, but presumably, the control is either an ActiveX or a .NET control and those are implemented as another window which is drawn on top of everything.

Longer answer: maybe. Here are some potential options:

1. Put the SWF control in a subVI in a subpanel. I'm pretty sure I already suggested that to someone in the past and they said it didn't work, but you can try.
  2. Replace your control with an ActiveX or .NET control, which can then maybe be overlayed. This can either be a custom control (maybe the Component Works controls could work. Try a search) or something like an image control where you replace the image.
  3. Create your boolean in a separate VI and then embed it as child window. You can do a search for MDI or child window to see VIs with the relevant system calls.

(2,411 Views)