cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Place a button to calibrate strain gauges on front panel

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am fairly new to LabVIEW, and I am trying to place a button on the front panel of a VI that is built to display graphically the voltage readings of several strain gauges. I tried using the DaqMX Bridge offset calibration SubVI initially, but it does not do the same thing as the Strain Calibration button under the device tab in MAX. 

Can anyone help me do this properly? I realize it is not significantly more difficult to just do the calibration in MAX, but my supervisor is looking for the VI to be as simple as possible for the user. 

block_calib.JPGblock_calib.JPG

Thanks! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,628 Views)

You will definatley want a State Machine for this.  If that button is pressed, you will need to stop your task and rebuild it using the defined calibrations and then resume.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 6
(3,620 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hhart
for one project I use averaging for calibration string gauge
I Place a button when op press that it find average of last ten value of voltage and then i use it as V0 in strain vi by using shift register
is it right method for you?!
if yes i can give you example code
Message 3 of 6
(3,611 Views)

@crossrulz,

What do you mean exactly by a state machine? I understand the concept and the issue, but as I am mainly a C++ programmer, I don't know what a lot of the functions are in LabVIEW. 

Thanks so much for your reply!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,608 Views)

State Machine is an architecture of code for applications. It is not a "function of LabVIEW". It is more the implementation the state diagram design for applications.

Comparing to C would be:

The code you use uses if cases with goto commands instead of a well designed switch-case implementation.....

Standard State Machine example can reviewed by creating a new project with the Project Assistant.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,601 Views)

@Hatef.fouladui

Yes, that method works. I will need to use 100 samples though. Here is what I have so far:

manualcalib.png

The boolean indicator at the end is supposed to check whether the calibration is in a certain range, which would indicate that the gage is improperly placed. I have to run through 26 channels, though, and need to identify which ones have the error. This should work, but what are your thoughts?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,526 Views)