LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture Control flashes when scrolling

Hi,

I have a program that I load a picture into a picture control.  Due to it size I enable the scroll bars.  The problem is when scrolling the picture it has an annoying flash.  I have tried using Smooth Updates and turning erase first off and on.  No combination seems to work.  Is there a better way of having an color image that needs to be scrolled where the flashing does not occur?

Thanks,

BC
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,436 Views)
You could try using the Get Image Subset.vi and read only the portion that will fit on the monitor display. The bottom input on the vi lets you select the left,right,top,bottom dimensions to grab from the original picture. Use separate slide controls to determine the left side and top position.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,430 Views)
rvc, I'm afraid that you will have to accept this annoying behaviour. The picture control is a nice tool, but it's clearly unfinished. I already made some complains on this subject before, with no answer/reaction from NI.
If you have access to IMAQ vision tools, you will see that the image display behaves prefectly. Means that of course NI is able to make improvements. But for an unknown reason, they have abandonned the picture control. Quite surprizing when you think that LabVIEW is a paradigm in graphic programing !..
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,423 Views)