LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pico logger tc-08

hi, 

I am trying to use a program for pico logger tc-08 but I am getting  12 errors of library 

Capture.PNG

Do you know what I shoul exactly do? It's the first time that I am getting this error 

thanks for your attention

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(6,435 Views)

Do you have the header file (.h) for the tc-08 DLL? You should check the Call Library Function nodes match the function calls in the DLL. Particularly - I doubt there's a function called 'Set Mains' and maybe the naming of the close_unit function is wrong.

I've used the TC-08 in the past but don't remember having any issues with the LV library. In fact, I remember wrapping it up into a VI package - I've attached it for you - you can either use the wrapper I created, or just use it for reference to see what you need to change in your code.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(6,413 Views)

thank you for answering. 

This is all what I am having as exemples and library but it doesn't want to work.

I tried to open your file but I didn't understand what I can do with it. 

Please take a look to my zip file and tell me if somthing is missing. If not, could you please tell me how to make it work? 

I dont understand what I have to do 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(6,406 Views)

and also these files

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(6,404 Views)

It's a VI Package, you can open it with VI Package Manager.

As for what you need to do to make it work - follow my instructions to find the correct names/functions to use in the Call Library Function node. For example - "Set Mains" isn't the name of the function in the header file - it's something like "usb_tc08_set_mains".

(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(6,396 Views)

okay. I opened it with vi package manager. I searched for the library there with search as showed in the picture. Am I right?

Capture.PNG

I also tried with set with main with 08 ... but I didnt find the right library 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(6,382 Views)

Did you install the package? It probably won't work with 64-bit versions of LabVIEW (like you currently have LV2014 64-bit selected in VIPM).

(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(6,375 Views)

Yes I instaled it. and the program picologer recording is working Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(6,341 Views)
Well you won't be able to use both applications to control the TC-08 at the same time.

I meant the DLL and/or LabVIEW driver I provided might not work in 64-bit editions of LabVIEW. You'll probably need to use 32-bit LabVIEW unless Pico provide a 64-bit version of their DLL.

(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(6,334 Views)

Hi

I used to use an oldest Version of the TC08 Labview driver.

Basically your problem is that the "usbtc08.dll" isnt found in your "Call Library Funciton Node". That means you have to relink the dll to the calling node.

You can try either to copy the usbtc08.dll from the PicoLogRecoder Sfotware folder into the PicoSDK TC08 Labview folder, which might do the job or relink every "Call Library Function Node with the dll located into the PiclologRecorer  folder.

Im pretty sure that the dll used to be delivered with the labview driver but seems thats not the case anymore. There also used to be an installer for the Picolog Labview Driverr, so that it appeared into the Labview menus, but seems its not like this anymore.

After lining every "Call Library Function Node" to the actual dll , the programm starts and just gives an error since i dont have the devices at home, but use them on a nearly daily basis at work.

Hope that helps

TC-08.png

TC-08_2.png

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(6,314 Views)