From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical channel to NI Terminal

I just found the pinout for the 6535.  For acquisition clock, you actually need to use PFI5.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,151 Views)
What version of traditional DAQ were you using? I don't see the 6535 listed in the versions I looked at.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,146 Views)

The DLL I'm referring to is the one supplied with the "Traditional NI-DAQ" that pre-dates DAQmx. This DLL does not work with Windows 7 64-bit.

It did indeed support the clock signal as described. In fact, we still have a legacy machine running Windows XP that works fine, though its rather long in the tooth.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,143 Views)

I believe we're using 7.4.1.  But, the actual board is a PCI-6534, which is functionally the same. I specified the 6535 for my example because it is easy to set up a virtual device in MAX, and both boards are supported by DAQmx.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,138 Views)

@DennisW wrote:

But, the actual board is a PCI-6534, which is functionally the same. I specified the 6535 for my example because it is easy to set up a virtual device in MAX, and both boards are supported by DAQmx.

Wait a minute.  That is a HUGE difference in hardware.  The pinouts are not even the same.

But still, from what I can find, the sample clock can only be in PFI2, PFI3, PFI6, or PFI7.  So I'm back to the fact that if your clock signal is going into P0.1, then there must be some software processing the data coming in to get the data at the sample clock.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 15 of 16
(1,090 Views)

Well, OK. I figured that what works for the 6535 should work for the 6534 - in the virtual world, and for my simplified example, at least. And re-creating my virtual device as a 6534 yields the same result. But, I take your other point about the sample clock. Perhaps the ancient runes (documentation) for my actual device are incomplete, or just wrong. Guess I gotta take the lid off and trace some wires...

Again, thank you for your assistance!

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,077 Views)