LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phantom NI 6008

Strange new work setup.

When I log into the T Series Thinkpad running Win7x64 NI device monitor detects a non-existant NI USB 6008 and offers me a blank screen of choices of what to do with it (None of the usual selections like Configure in MAX, Signal express, LabVIEW etc..the selection area is BLANK)

Something tickles the back of my mind that this has been seen before but My Google skills must be a bit rusty.  Any ideas anyone? 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,597 Views)

LMGTFM  

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/NI-USB-6008-detected-when-one-not-present/td-p/437676

Unfortunately there is no work around in the thread.So,  was there one ever found?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,591 Views)

Hi Jeff,

Out of curiosity, what version of NI-DAQmx do you have installed?

There were a few versions of NI-DAQmx that had a bug that would cause non-NI HID devices to be enumerated as NI hardware if the PID matched a valid NI PID.  Here's a KB on the issue: Why Do Certain USB Interface Devices Prevent NI Devices from Appearing in MAX?

That seems the most likely cause of this issue.

Seth B.
Principal Test Engineer | National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,568 Views)

Latest and greatest everything.  off the Feb 2014 Media with all updates.

I'm sure its something odd on the Thinkpad.  and its not super annoying but I was hoping more was known

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,559 Views)

I'd be curious to see the MAX report to see some information on the 6009.  We might be able to figure out where it's coming from.

Seth B.
Principal Test Engineer | National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,527 Views)

As you wish Seth

I think the relevant event log entry is attached too.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,516 Views)