cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perform a single task if comparing 2d arrays do not match

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All

Unfortunately I cannot post my VI but hopefully I can explain my problem well enough. I have a program where I poll for data every 10 seconds from my UUT. Currently I have the data(strings) being output into a 2D array. Since the array is very large, I basically want to set up my code to compare the current captured 2D array with the 2D array I captured 10 seconds ago (I am using a shift register in my loop) and save the current entire 2D array to a file only if any of the elements have changed (Specifically I will save the initial array, then continue to save each array that is different than the previous). I am not sure how to best compare the arrays. When I use the "not equal?" function, the output becomes an array of boolean True/False, and I dont know how to use a boolean array to control a case structure with my file save code. Is there something I am overlooking or a way to do this more efficiently?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,007 Views)
Solution
Accepted by davidthealias

Right click on the equals function, point to comparison mode, and choose "compare aggregates".  This should output a single true / false value.

Message 2 of 4
(2,984 Views)

Wow that was easy. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,979 Views)

No problem.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,975 Views)