From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peer to Peer Issue with External Compiler in LabVIEW FPGA Centric Project

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

NI FPGA Version:14.0

I have an application developed in LabVIEW interfacing FPGAs developed in LabVIEW FPGA  that performs Peer to Peer Communications.

Everything works fine.

I am trying to port it over to Visual Studio 2013 (on the same PC), and am able to communicate with the FPGAs just fine using the C API.

However, I am having an issue now with using the Ni Peer to Peer External Compiler Supported files.

I am getting these errors:

1.cannot open source file "PublicIncludes/nistreamCommon/prefix.h"

2.cannot open source file "PublicIncludes/nistreamCommon/postfix.h"

in

c:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\ExternalCompilerSupport\C\include\nip2p.h

in my project...

I looked in the c:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\ExternalCompilerSupport\C\include\ folder and the PublicIncludes\nistreamCommon folder does not exist.

What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,758 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Colonel1013

Hi!

It seems that you have been working with another Applications Engineer on this issue.  For records sake, the nip2p library isn't supported in CVI. There have been instances where users were able to get this to work by commenting out the two header files.

Thanks!

Tucker
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(2,708 Views)

Thanks!

I tried this last night and it worked.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,697 Views)