Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peak Detect

Solved!
Go to solution

@alexderjuengere wrote:
attach your vi wrapped in a .zip file!

I can't attach any files at all - but I can insert an image. Not sure what's up with my browser.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 29
(984 Views)

The express filter VI is set to a rectangular 20 sample window.

The while loop subtracts the mean from 300-sample chunks of the signal until it reaches the end of the data.  Doing this prevents the filter startup effects and facilitates thresholding, etc. 

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 29
(983 Views)

Hey Todd,

Your code worked great for the pre-recorded data, but I tried to use it for live data and it still isn't working. It seems like it fails to count the peaks most of the time. It will display an HR of approximately 12-15 BPM before slowly decreasing to about 2 BPM, even if your HR speeds up during that time. I may have made a mistake with the code, but I'm not sure where. Do you have any idea what could cause that problem?

Thank you again!

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 29
(955 Views)

For example, there are pretty clear peaks here, but I still can't get a functioning peak detector

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 29
(954 Views)

You could try changing Max and Min's "Sample Length" and Peak Detector's "Width" inputs to controls. Run it for a while and try different values.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 29
(948 Views)

I noticed that the "tick count" outside of the loop doesn't initiate in my live feed, but it does for the pre-recorded data. This could be why the displayed HR is constantly decreasing. Did you configure your "tick count" in any special way?

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 29
(939 Views)

Sorry, ignore my previous question! I didn't have a shift register wiring the tick coutner into my loop. Now I'm gettign (mostly) accurate HR readings, and I can just mess with the widths.

Thank you so much Todd! You were EXTREMELY helpful!

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 29
(937 Views)

No worries. Welcome!

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 29
(936 Views)

hi, can you upload the solution file for Labview 2010, please?

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 29
(854 Views)