LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patch causes errors

I'm running Labview 8.0 and had troubles reading lvm files so I installed a patch (http://digital.ni.com/Softlib.nsf/webPreview/4C1209D42320BCFD8625711C005FB25B?OpenDocument) as suggested to fix the problem. However,  ever since I installed the patch my version of Labview always is compiling and random components are not being recognized. For example, I recently had this error regarding a DAQ Assist:

Error -2147220719 occurred at DAQmx Create Channel (AI-Voltage-Basic).vi:1

(Hex 0x80040311) The client process has been disconnected from the configuration server. If this problem persists, please note the steps you performed that led to this error and contact technical support.

Any idea how to prevent this from happening?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,058 Views)
Did you recompile your LabVIEW - see the warning at the bottom of the page you linked to (depending on your machine, this could take a couple of hours, so kick it off when you leave for the day)?  This should take care of most of the issues.  If you are still experiencing problems, some drivers were different between 8.0.0 and 8.0.1.  I do not know which ones, so if you have issues, you should probably find a driver version which released after 8.0.1 but before 8.0.1 support was dropped by the drivers (most current drivers do not install into 8.0.x, this occurred about a year ago).  You can probably find what you need here.  Let us know if you have further issues.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,056 Views)

I recompiled Labview shortly after installing the patch but now random VIs (e.g. read from file, derivative, dbl to ddt, etc.) are not being recognized or working properly. You linked me to a DAQ driver installation website, which may be the solution to my issue with the DAQ, but the issue with my version of Labview is much wider in scope.

Also, I must confess my ignorance with regards to drivers. I downloaded the one for DAQmx for 8.0.1, but haven't installed it out fear that I may be doing something incorrect.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,017 Views)

It sounds like you have some sort of installation corruption or mismatch.  Can you post more details of the error messages you are getting - screen shots or text of the error dialogs would be good?

Note that newer National Instruments products do not support LabVIEW 8.0.x. Installing these products on top of it can produce the kind of problems you are seeing.  Do you have anything besides LabVIEW and DAQmx installed?

Message Edited by DFGray on 11-14-2008 08:08 AM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,002 Views)
Is your install of LabVIEW 8.0 recent? Or did you already have it installed? Also, was everything working properly before you installed the patch (besides having troubles reading the lvm files)? Also, I am a bit confused about the Driver...did you install it already?
Regards,
Claire Reid
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,987 Views)

Hi, I guess I had a similar problem too. Could you please take a look at it? THANKS.

The screenshot is attached.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,177 Views)

Hi Renaiolos

The last post in this forum was in 2008 your issue might be related or not to this same issue.

If your problem is with the DAQmx driver I will recommend you to install the latest driver compatible with your LabVIEW version. If this is not the problem you should also give more details of your application or task in order to help you more.

NI-DAQ and LabVIEW Version Compatibility (for Windows)

Keep in mind the NI try to handle one issue per forum.

Regards 

Esteban R.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,145 Views)