LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pasting Excel data into front panel table

Is there a method that allows a user to paste a spreadsheet snippet into a LV front panel table control?  My client has specified LV2009SP1 and I have a lot of data (more than 4 cols by 100 rows) that I would really like to not retype.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,127 Views)

Hi kc64,

This example should do what you want. All you have to do is change the 2D output array to a table control.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/3177

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,107 Views)

Thanks for your reply.  This example actually does not address the method that I seek.  Instead of pasting the data into the table, the example opens the Excel file and imports the data without ever using a front panel table control.  Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,079 Views)

kc64,

I do a lot of copy / paste and data interchange between Excel and LabVIEW.  When you copy data from Excel, it will be TAB delimited array data in a spreadsheet string.  This is easy to parse in LabVIEW using the spreadsheet string to array.vi.  To paste to a table, read the clipboard string, parse the string to an array, and write to the value property of your table.  See that attached 2010 vi and pictures.

-cb

Message 4 of 7
(5,073 Views)

Hi,

Many thanks for this solution. It works very well.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,461 Views)

That solution works from word tables as well.  Very handy.  

Kudos for the neat trick.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,917 Views)

Awesome solution even 12 years later!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,302 Views)