LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing signal to analog output of sbRIO9636?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey folks so I got my sbRIO9636 from the sbRIO evaluation kit.

I was wondering if it's possible to pass a smulated signal through the analog output of my FPGA.

I basically have 2 signals I want to simulate which go to the analog output of the FPGA into a multiplier amplifier(this is a physical IC).

However whenever I try to pass the simulated signal into my analog output I get an error because the signal is 2D while the analog output is just a fixed point. IS there any way around this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,747 Views)

butterwaffle,

Can you describe the nature of the "simulated" signals you are trying to output. What VI are you using to generate the signals? An FPGA I/O node only accepts a single point of data, you cannot pass an array of data into an I/O node. You must generate the signals point by point or step through a list of values to output (controlling the frequency by the loop rate). If you could post a screenshot of your code thus far, it would be easier to point you in the right direction.

Nick C | Software Project Manager - LabVIEW Real-Time | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,706 Views)

Sorry for the late reply Nick-C! I'm currently on vacation right now and just got access to the internet.

I was using the simulate signal VI here: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/4087/en/

I have tried another signal generator(I forgot the VI off the top of my head), but both of them failed due to them having a 2-D output.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,674 Views)

Do you think you could post the FPGA code that you are working with? Because I am pretty sure that the Simulate Signal VI that you are using is not supported on FPGA.

dK
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,660 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author butterwaffle

Hi Butterwaffle,

As Nick indicated, FPGA output is point-by-point - you can only write a single sample to the AO at a time.

This is probably a good place to get started:

Tutorial: Waveform Generation with CompactRIO

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/4783/en

Hope that helps!

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,654 Views)

Thanks 0utlaw! I'll do what I can!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,627 Views)