LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass Variables through Case

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello! I am trying to write a VI to control hardware through GPIB communication. The communication is going well. However, I would like to change which vi controls are enabled for the user based on which "mode" the user selects. This mode is 1 of 3, and it would be determined by the user clicking a boolean switch. My plan is for the switch to be a single LED control, and when one of the three is on, the other two are off. If a new LED is clicked, it will light up and the others will go off. I am having difficulty making this. I was planning on using a case structure, but I cannot figure out how to determine which is selected and have this effect, because I cannot edit the values of each control in every case in the structure. I thought about using local variables and passing them through the case structure, but I cannot seem to get this to work either. I appreciate any help in solving this. Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,192 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jfherrm
You can simply use the radio button control.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,189 Views)

This sounds like a job for Radio Buttons instead of three separate booleans.

Kelly Bersch
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Kudos are always welcome
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,184 Views)

Use a radio button and if you want to use 3 buttons then build an array and give the output to a search 1d array and then connect the output to a case structure.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,175 Views)