From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass Variables through Case

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello! I am trying to write a VI to control hardware through GPIB communication. The communication is going well. However, I would like to change which vi controls are enabled for the user based on which "mode" the user selects. This mode is 1 of 3, and it would be determined by the user clicking a boolean switch. My plan is for the switch to be a single LED control, and when one of the three is on, the other two are off. If a new LED is clicked, it will light up and the others will go off. I am having difficulty making this. I was planning on using a case structure, but I cannot figure out how to determine which is selected and have this effect, because I cannot edit the values of each control in every case in the structure. I thought about using local variables and passing them through the case structure, but I cannot seem to get this to work either. I appreciate any help in solving this. Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,190 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jfherrm
You can simply use the radio button control.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,187 Views)

This sounds like a job for Radio Buttons instead of three separate booleans.

Kelly Bersch
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Kudos are always welcome
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,182 Views)

Use a radio button and if you want to use 3 buttons then build an array and give the output to a search 1d array and then connect the output to a case structure.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,173 Views)