From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameterized query format for select statement

Perhaps try taking the carriage returns out of the SQL select statement.....

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 27
(954 Views)

Just tried it with no carriage returns - just one line.  I get the same error.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 27
(951 Views)

Are you sure that your first column name is a valid name?

Try to remove that from the SQL statement.. 

Message 23 of 27
(940 Views)

Good call.  So the column name can't begin with a number?

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 27
(937 Views)

It appears that the @ symbol is not needed if you are accessing an Access 2016 database.  It also appears that enclosing the parameter in the sql statement isn't a must.  I don't know if this is true for earlier versions of Access.  These parameterized Access 2016 database queries work for me.  It appears that my problem was starting a column name with a number.  Also, I believe if the column name has spaces in it, you need to put the column name in square brackets (e.g. [First Sample ID]).

Thanks everyone for the help and for posting the initial solution.  I would still be trying to figure this out if it wasn't for the help.

ParamQuery001b.JPG

ParamQuery001c.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 27
(929 Views)

Sorry for the multiple posts.

Even this works with parameterized sql queries to Access 2016 databases.ParamQueryFinal.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 27
(906 Views)

One of the things to remember is that parameterized queries are not standardized between platforms: everyone does it different​ and as in the case of Microsoft can change it at anytime.

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 27
(896 Views)