From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel test with USB-6009

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I am testing a device using a USB-6009. I would like to test two deives in parallel, which flags up an error:

'The specified resource is reserved. The operation could not be completed as specified'

What is the best way of imlpementing parallel test within labivew (I currently do not have access to test stand!)

Thanks,

Richard.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,885 Views)

Hi richard,

implement a VI, which fully handles the USB6009. Then send the measurement data to both testing routines…

The USB6009 only has one ADC, so you cannot share this resource between several tasks!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 5
(2,866 Views)

Hi Gerd,

Thanks for the quick reply,

Please could you expand on this a little more for me ? I don't fully understand what you mean by creating a VI which 'fully handles' the USB6009...

Thanks again,

Richard.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,836 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lvrichard

Look up Action Engines for writing a VI that fully handles the device.

As GerdW says, there is only one ADC (analog to digital converter) in this device and so you can only have one DAQmx task running at a time.  You can, however, have more than one channel in a task.  The channels are still polled one after the other so technically it's not a parallel test but it is as close as you'll get with this card. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 4 of 5
(2,828 Views)

Perfect thanks. Thanks to GerdW too.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,807 Views)