From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel processing questions

Yesterday I installed 8.6.1 on my laptop.  Then I realized my laptop only has a single processor.  I have not yet installed 8.6.1 on the multiple processor machines here at my work.
--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 26
(908 Views)

Hi Tim,

I tested this with a LV 8.6 system with Win XP in it

Here are the results:

Reentrant Execution : 99ms, Non reentrant execution: 139ms

I am not able to replicate it. My conclusion that it is dependant on the system itself (dual core/single core etc.). Since I am not able to replicate it, I, unfortunately, file a report on this. I would like to know if your results match mine with the 8.6.1 system.

Thanks!

Warm regards,
Karunya R
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 22 of 26
(885 Views)

Hi Tim,

I just wanted to check in to see if you were having any luck with this.

Warm regards,
Karunya R
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(862 Views)
I'm in the same situation I was in.  The small decrease in speed really has no effect on the bigger picture of my software so I'm not sweating it too much.  I was just curious if there was an explanation.
--
Tim Elsey
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(859 Views)

Hi Tim,

I am glad to hear that this isnt being a problem for you. Like I mentioned before, the explanation for this behavior is probably due to difference in the system setup. As you are aware, a dual core system is going to behave differently than a single core system. I tried your VIs on multiple systems and was not able to replicate your behavior in LabVIEW 8.6 or LabVIEW 8.6.1. If there is anything else that I can do, let me know.

Thanks,

Warm regards,
Karunya R
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 25 of 26
(831 Views)

Thanks for your interest in this issue.

I'll let you know if anything comes up.

--
Tim Elsey