LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel process with a queue and file?

Hello, first of all sorry for my bad english^^:

I am working for days on my project where I have to show the parallel process while transfering information by different ways and their problems (like timing and so on). 
I chose the transmission of information to a parallel process by (1) a queue, and by (2) a file (.txt). (other ways are welcome, do you have 1-2 other ideas?)

To solve this problem I made three while loops, the first one is the original one, where the original information (as a signal) is created and send by queue and file to the other two while loops, where this information is getting evaluted to create the same signal.

so in the end you can compare all signals, if they are the same - so that you can answer the question with the parallelity of process.

but in my vi file i have some problems:

the version with the queue works pretty fine - it's almost parallel
but the version with file doesn't work parallel, and i have no idea how i can solve it - -

i'm a newbie^^
can someone correct my file, so both (file and queue version) run parallel with the original one, or tell me what i can or must do?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,482 Views)

Hi Lap,

please indicate this as a CROSSPOST!

You have been asking the same in the German LabVIEWForum here and here. You were given answers, help and support over there…

And when you attach the very same VI also in the NI forum you should atleast follow the advice to use the AutoCleanup tool before attaching!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,460 Views)

@LapLapLap wrote:

Hello, first of all sorry for my bad english^^:

I am working for days on my project where I have to show the parallel process while transfering information by different ways and their problems (like timing and so on). 
I chose the transmission of information to a parallel process by (1) a queue, and by (2) a file (.txt). (other ways are welcome, do you have 1-2 other ideas?)

To solve this problem I made three while loops, the first one is the original one, where the original information (as a signal) is created and send by queue and file to the other two while loops, where this information is getting evaluted to create the same signal.

so in the end you can compare all signals, if they are the same - so that you can answer the question with the parallelity of process.

but in my vi file i have some problems:

the version with the queue works pretty fine - it's almost parallel
but the version with file doesn't work parallel, and i have no idea how i can solve it - -

i'm a newbie^^
can someone correct my file, so both (file and queue version) run parallel with the original one, or tell me what i can or must do?

A queue is technically never parallell, though you can have several if you really need parallellism. Other methods include Events, Action Engines, Notifiers (and why not webservices) for information transfer between processes.

Due to limitations in the disk system you can only read/write one file at a time from one process, so i wouldn't recommend that. If you use a ramdisk it might work.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,426 Views)

Hi Yamaeda,

due to the nature of this CROSSPOST all this already has been discussed/mentioned/suggested in the LabVIEWForum…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 5
(2,419 Views)

I assumed as much, but maybe he wants to hear it in english? 😄

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5