LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packed Library Path has extra folders after .lvlibp

Working with LabVIEW 2010 here.  I'm making a packed library in the end.  I have a project with all my source code.  I created a project library in the project.  Then dragged all the source files into the project library.  From there, I created a packed library.  But the path for the files in the packed library adds in several folders after the .lvlibp for some reason that I can't figure out.  I'm trying to get the code to reside directly after the packed library like so: ...  Untitled Library 2.lvlip\ESM - T30U.vi.  But what I get is this: ...Packed\Untitled Library 2.lvlibp\Equipment Specific Modules\Temp\Source Code\ESM - T30U.vi.

So, you can see that three folders are inserted after the .lvlibp.  Attached is a screen shot of what the packed library looks like when I open it up.  Everything resides right after .lvlibp.

Furthermore, I tried a different approach.  If I build a source distribution and have it create a project library with the files and then build a packed library from there, everything seems to work fine.  The VIs reside right after the .lvlibp as a path.  But, this creates duplicate code.  I don't want to have to such a long process of having to create a new library and duplicate code to have to create a packed library and then have to remember to delete the duplicate code to ensure I don't start working with the wrong code at some point.  Ideally I'd like to be able to maintain my code in my original project and project library and not have to build a source destination.

I've searched all the properties for the libraries and can't find a difference in the built source destination library or the Library I just create.  I also tried to create a project library independant of my project and add the files in the library (rather than drag and drop in the project) and got the same extra folders in my path.

Thanks in advance.

Mutt

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,698 Views)

Your Project Library must be in the same folder than your VIs belonging to that library - if any VI referenced in the Library lies in a directory relative to the lvlib then the corresponding VI in your Packed Library has that relative path added to it...

Rob

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,414 Views)