From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe 6259 Error -89140

Hello,

I have an application  that requires analog input sampling (visible light detector) using digital input (optical encoder signal from moving stage motor). The analog signal must be sampled on every edge (both rising and falling). The frequency depends on the velocity of the stage but basically I need to sample every 100 nm so the frequency is between 1MHz and 100KHz. For a given measurement the frequency is const except the beginning and ending (due to acceleration and deacceleration of the stage motor). Having learned that Change Detection works directly only with digital input I tried an idea I found on this board with additional digital task with Change Detection for generating internal signal ChangeDetectionEvent as a sampling clock for the analog input. Unfortunately I got error:

Error -89140 occurred at DAQmx Read (Analog 1D DBL 1Chan NSamp).vi:1

Possible reason(s):

Driver cannot complete the route, because the only way to make the route
requires a trigger bus line, and no trigger bus has been configured in MAX for this device.

If you have a PXI chassis, make sure it has been properly identified in MAX.
If you are using a PCI device, create a RTSI cable in MAX that includes your PCI device even
if you are not using any RTSI cables.

After surfing the NI site I found http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/15EAEC230E50031F86256F4000519DD7. Unfortunatly it is not the case - I've checked the properities in MAX and they're okey.

I also tried to add  an RTSI Cable in MAX but it seems that my card PXIe 6259 doesn't have RTSI capabilities.

Is there something wrong with my code? I'm a Labview beginner so it is very probable. 

I've attached the fragment of my VI to this message that deals with the analog and digital inputs. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,186 Views)
Looks like you need to hook up the output of your start task to the input task on the next vi.  Let me know if it works...
-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,168 Views)

Gszymanski,

From your post, "I've checked the properties in MAX and they're okey."  Can you elaborate what you mean by this?  Do you have a chassis connected to a PC via MXI, or do you have a controller in your PXIe chassis?

To route the change detection event to the ai/SampleClock, we must route the signal off of one of the RTSI lines on your device.  For PXI/PXIe devices, you don't need to explicitly add a RTSI cable because these lines are built into the chassis.  However, to safely route signals to these lines DAQmx attempts to ensure that no other device is driving the line it attempts to route through.  Since the internal details of how this routing works differs from chassis to chassis, DAQmx needs to know which chassis your device resides in.  This is done by configuring your PXI System in MAX.  To get routing to work, you'll need to configure your chassis in MAX.  To do so, look at the "Configuring the PXI System in MAX" step of this knowledge base.

Hope this helps,

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,155 Views)

Thanks for replies,

"From your post, "I've checked the properties in MAX and they're okey."  Can you elaborate what you mean by this?  Do you have a chassis connected to a PC via MXI, or do you have a controller in your PXIe chassis?"

I have a NI controller chassis PXIe-1062Q. By okey I meant that all my devices are properly identified -  the link I provided in the first post suggested that it may be the case.  

Although now when I look in the MAX I cannot see the card in the right slot - screenshots in the attachments. Maybe this is the problem? Having read the knowledgebase link I checked if my PXISYS.INI is read-only or archive - it isn't.

Also when I try to identify the system all the options are disabled - see in the attachments.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,141 Views)
One more thing. When I tried to delete all identifications (in order to reidentify) for the PXI system a dialog box appeared as normal but then after confirming nothing happened.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,131 Views)

Hello GSzymanski,

First of all please check if you have the latest drivers installed(DAQmx 8.9 and NI-VISA 4.5). If not, you can download them from the following link:

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/fn/p/lang/en

After reinstalling the drivers unidentify and reboot the system.

Let me know if this helps, if not we'll move forward!

David Varga

NIH

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,070 Views)